Richard BalchinYear of Call: 1997

Areas of Expertise
  • Family Finance
  • Family Children
  • Court Protection
  • Inns of Court School of Law

County Court Rate: £325.00 +VAT   High Court Rate: £425.00 +VAT   VAT Registered: Yes   Direct Access Accredited: Yes

” Once again, thank you for a great result… you went the extra mile for me… should have come to you straight away ” Mr B 


Richard Balchin has over 21 years of experience at the Family and Civil Bar and specialises in Divorce Finances, Children Disputes, Court of Protection, Inheritance Disputes as well as general County Court litigation. He is also a Deputy District Judge and Arbitrator. 

While Richard is a fierce advocate for his clients, he never forgets the lasting impact of a family breakdown. He navigates emotionally charged situations with empathy and professionalism.  


Children Act Matters 

Richard takes instructions in children matters from clients involving:  


  • Disputed medical evidence 
  • Factious and induced illness 
  • Shaking 
  • Sexual abuse 
  • International element 
  • Cultural/religious issues 
  • Human rights issues 


Financial Family

Richard has expertise in the complex matters that include:  


  • Tax 
  • Applications for financial remedies 
  • Business Accounts 
  • Director/ partnership liabilities 
  • Pension sharing 
  • Multiple properties 
  • Maintenance 
  • Pre-nuptial& separation agreements 
  • Injunctions to prevent disposal of assets or setting aside transactions. 
  • Setting aside orders because of non-disclosure of assets 
  • TOLATA where parties have lived together, and have joint assets but have not married. 
  • Inheritance Act 


Court Protection  

Richard has undertaken several court protection cases such as:  


  • Property  
  • Financial Affairs  
  • Health and Welfare  
  • Deprivation of Liberty 




contact details

+44 (0)115 8961983
The Dryden Enterprise Centre, Dryden Street, Nottingham, NG1 4EY

Social Profiles

How can we help you?

Arrange a free telephone consultation with a Clerk to discuss your matter further

Need Expert Legal Advice?